|Country:||United States of America|
|Rank:||Elite – 6 points|
Focus: Defending - 1st defender (Pressure).
Amount of Pressure: 1v1
Type of Pressure: When the point of attack has switched and the first defender approaches the ball not in front but at an angle. Attacking team is moving from the middle to final third.
Decisions looking to affect:
1. Speed of Approach - Get to the ball quickly but slow down on approach.
2. Angle of Approach - Deny penetration as you pressure and force them where you want them to go.
3. Body Position - slightly side on to the ball to force the attacker where you want them to go.
4. Body Shape - low, knees bent and on toes, side one.
5. Mentality - (a) Prepare for next action. (b) Patience to win the ball.
6. Technique - Block vs. Poke tackle.
7. Recognizing the attacking players - 1st touch, Awareness on the field, and body language.
8. Recognizing moments when to step in an win the ball. Is it a poke tackle? Or can I step in between the ball and the attacker, to shield off and regain possession (etc.)?
Hillsborough S.C. - ACT