|Country:||United States of America|
|Rank:||Elite – 6 points|
Focus: Defending - 1st defender (Pressure).
Amount of Pressure: 1v1
Type of Pressure: Applying pressure from behind. Attacking player receives the ball facing his/her own goal and is looking to turn.
Decisions looking to affect:
1. Speed of Approach - Get to the ball quickly but slow down on approach.
2. Angle of Approach - Deny penetration as you pressure and force them where you want them to go.
3. Body Position - slightly side on to the ball to force the attacker where you want them to go.
4. Body Shape - low, knees bent and on toes, mirror attackers feet.
5. Mentality - (a) Prepare for next action. (b) Patience to win the ball.
6. Technique - Block vs. Poke tackle.
7. Recognizing the attacking players - 1st touch, Awareness on the field, and body language.
8. Recognizing moment to step in and win the ball prior to the players first touch. (Weight of the pass)
Hillsborough S.C. - ACT