|Rank:||Elite – 0 points|
Playing out from the back
Age group: Un11s (7 aside)
Objective: Provide players with relavent & necessary skill sets to successfully play out from the back when the opportunity arises.
Key points for team:
1) Comfort in possession
2) Movement with & without the ball
3) 1 & 2 touch football
4) Forward emphasis, exploit gaps
5) Switch play to create an attacking channel
Key points for Individual positions: (1-2-3-1 formation)
1) Place ball in middle of goals
2) Pass firmly and to the back foot
3) Give angles to recycle the ball
1) Split box
2) Recieve on back foot look to play forward
3) When playing forward, decide to drive or to play
4) If your partner CB recieves, be sure to cover in behind
5) Be comfortable, wait for the right moment to play
1) Start deep
2) Recieve on a half turn (open body)
3) Look to play combinations with striker & wingers
4) Be a bonce option for your centre backs
1) Provide Width
2) Look to play fast combos with CM or Striker
3) If your opposite winger recieves, tuck in
1) Provide depth
2) When CB recieves, look to recieve on their side of the pitch
3) If you recieve, look to bounce & spin or go yourself
4) If midfielder recieves, decide to move behind the opposing centre backs or infront of them to bounce.
All elements of the total session should include 2/3 of the team key points. The individual points can be coached throughout each session. Be sure not to overload them with information.
(3-2-1) Is similar, more midfield rotations and full backs must provide width.