|Country:||United States of America|
|Rank:||Elite – 6 points|
Focus: Affecting the player's decision when pressure is tight, and there is no cover for the first defender. Incorporating the 2nd Attacker and having him/her recognize the initial touch of the first attacker. Discuss their off the ball movement to support the play.
Amount of Pressure: 1v1 >> 2v1
Type of Pressure: "Pressure" - Tight. Unable to turn and face opposition. Pressure angles body appropriately.
Decisions looking to affect:
1. Ability to identify amount of pressure being applied to the ball, as the player receives it.
2. Choice to open up on the back foot - closer to the opponent, or receive the ball on the front foot to protect the ball and roll the defender.
3. Recognition of the second defender. Is the second defender in a good spot to cover the first defender if I beat him/her? If so, do I have a supporting player I can pass the ball to?
4. If the second defender is not presenting themselves as a good option of support, or there is none, can the player with the ball beat the defender 1v1?
5. Can I roll the defender and break the line early? If the defender covers and is coming at an angle can I use a V-Move to get into the space the defender is leaving?
6. 2nd Attacker - Can I support the play?
7. 2nd Attacker - Where does the 1st Attacker direct his/her initial touch after receiving the ball? Which direction do I move in in relation to that first touch?
Moves: (A) Inside/Outside Spin; (B) V-Move
Combinations: (A) Pass to supporting player
Option A - Go to goal. Do I have the opportunity to take a shot on goal? Can I beat the defender with my first touch?
Option B - Recovering defender. Can I cut in the opposite direction and create enough distance with my final touch using the V Move to create another opportunity to shoot?
Option C - Defender recovers a second time and/or the final touch was not big enough to create second option. Can I play to a player supporting the run? (Overlap)