|Country:||United States of America|
|Rank:||Elite – 6 points|
Focus: Affecting the player's decision when pressure is tight, and there is no cover for the first defender.
Amount of Pressure: Two defenders - Pressure and Cover.
Type of Pressure: "Pressure" - Tight. Unable to turn and face opposition. Pressure angles body appropriately. "Cover" - Loose. Second defender does not present themselves as support for the first defender at an appropriate distance or angle. Second defender may be absent because they are assuming the ball will be played out wide.
Decisions looking to affect:
1. Ability to identify amount of pressure being applied to the ball, as the player receives it.
2. Choice to open up on the back foot - closer to the opponent, or receive the ball on the front foot to protect the ball and roll the defender.
3. Recognition of the second defender. Is the second defender in a good spot to cover the first defender if I beat him/her? If so, do I have a supporting player I can pass the ball to?
4. If the second defender is not presenting themselves as a good option of support can the player with the ball beat the defender 1v1?
5. Can I roll the defender and break the line early? If the defender covers and is coming at an angle can I use a V-Move to get into the space the defender is leaving?
Moves: (A) V-Move
Mentality: Option A - Go to goal. Do I have the opportunity to take a shot on goal? Can I beat the defender with my first touch? Option B - Recovering defender. Can I cut in the opposite direction and play behind the line to a player moving forward?