|Rank:||Elite – 1 points|
Physical:- Basic Motor skills development through drills and games.- ABC's through drills and gamesPsychological & Social:- Integration of players- Enjoyment/Fun- Build self-esteem- Create a positive environmentTechnical:- Dribbling, turning, shielding, feints, shootingTactical:- Basic Principles of 1v1's- Awareness of space
Possible Questions for the Group- What do you need to think about when dribbling the ball? Be on toes, knees bent, head up, keep ball close and under control
- Why do we need to keep our heads up in 1v1 situations? To observes the defender, and look at the space available behind the defender.
- What can we do to try to unbalance the defender in a 1v1 situations? Use tricks or feints
- What do we do once we've unbalanced the defender? Quickly change direction and accelerate past the defender towards goal or space we intend on attacking.
- On the balls of feet
- keep ball under control
- Head up and observe defender
- Timing and distance of feint
- Quality of disguise and execution of feint
- Change speed and direction
- Accelerate away lifting head up while keeping ball under control
- Encourage players to dribble and take players on when space is available.