|Country:||United States of America|
|Rank:||Elite – 6 points|
Focus: Combines concepts from (HSC U12G Cheetahs - Winter 15/16) Session 2 and Session 8, while adding the off the ball movement from the outside defenders to support the attack.
HSC U12G Cheetahs - Winter 15/16 - S2:
Scenario: "Pressure" - Tight. Unable to turn and face opposition. "Pressure" angles body appropriately, and "Cover" supports at a good distance. Can we create space to receive by dragging the defender back and then checking to the ball? If both Pressure and Cover move with the players movement can the player receiving the ball spin off and look to beat the two with a pass in behind?
Mentality: Option A - Receive to turn and go to goal. How tight are the defenders marking? Do I have the opportunity to take a shot on goal? Can I beat the defender with my first touch? Option B - Spin off the defender wide and make a diagonal run to receive the pass in behind the two. Different variation of Option B, check in "low" (closer to the ball), receive and pass the ball back and then spin off to receive the ball "high" (higher up the field behind the defense). Option C - Defenders move with the player receiving as he/she checks back for the ball, player still cannot turn and face the goal, can we now look to play back (to #2/3) and look to combine on a give and go?
HSC U12G Cheetahs - Winter 15/16 - S8:
Scenario: "Pressure" - Tight. Unable to turn and face opposition. Pressure angles body appropriately. "Cover" - Loose. Second defender does not present themselves as support for the first defender at an appropriate distance or angle.
Mentality: Option A - Go to goal. Do I have the opportunity to take a shot on goal? Can I beat the defender with my first touch? Option B - Recovering defender. Can I cut in the opposite direction and play behind the line to a player moving forward? (V Move)
Decisions looking to affect:
1. Ability to identify amount of pressure being applied to the ball, as the player receives it.
2. Choice to open up on the back foot - closer to the opponent, or receive the ball on the front foot to protect the ball and roll the defender.
3. Recognition of the second defender. Is the second defender in a good spot to cover the first defender if I beat him/her? If so, do I have a supporting player I can pass the ball to?
4. If the second defender is not presenting themselves as a good option of support can the player with the ball beat the defender 1v1?
5. Can I roll the defender and break the line early? If the defender covers and is coming at an angle can I use a V-Move to get into the space the defender is leaving?